Comcast, as you know, is a popular cable TV provider as well as an Internet service provider. Apart from these two services, the network also offers users the option of installing a streaming app called Xfinity Comcast Stream. It is an application that allows you to watch a number of TV shows and movies and access a number of other streaming services. The service is available for users to stream on their PCs, mobile devices, and smart TVs, not to mention sticks and streaming boxes. So, if you are someone who just picked up an Apple TV and wants to know how you can get the Xfinity Stream app on it, you have come to the right place.
Now you must understand that the Xfinity Streaming app is only available for Xfinity Internet + TV customers. So, if you don’t have Xfinity internet, you might want to get the service in order to enjoy Xfinity Streaming app. The streaming app also lets you watch your DVR recording on the streaming app. So, if you want to know how to install Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV, read on.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream on Apple TV
Before we look at setting up and installing the Xfinity Streaming app, we first need to look at a few things needed to proceed with the steps.
- Xfinity Internet
- Apple ID
- Android or iOS device with the Xfinity Stream app.
Apple TV supported
These are Apple TV devices on which you can install the Xfinity Stream app.
- Apple TV HD 2015
- Apple TV 4K 2017
- Apple TV 4K 2021
Install the Xfinity Stream app
Now that you have the necessary items and know you have a supported Apple TV device, it’s time to set up the Xfinity Stream app.
- Turn on your Apple TV and make sure you’ve signed in with an Apple ID and connected it to Wifi.
- Using the remote, navigate and launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Now search for the Xfinity Stream app. When you find the app, select the Get button to install the app on your TV.
- Close the App Store and you will see the Xfinity Stream app on your TV home screen.
Configure the Xfinity Stream app
In these steps, we will now guide you on how to activate and configure the Xfinity Stream app.
- Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple TV.
- The application will now display an activation screen. You can activate it by launching the Xfinity Stream app and scanning the displayed QR code.
- Tap Continue on your mobile device.
- You will now be asked to log in with your Xfinity ID.
- The app will display a success message. Now you can browse the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple TV.
- You can browse the app to watch your TV shows, movies or live TV channels.
And that’s how you can watch Xfinity Stream on your Apple TV. In fact, you can follow the same setup method to stream Xfinity Stream on all other devices supported by the service, such as your Android smart TVs and streaming services like Amazon Firesticks, Roku streaming Sticks, LG Smart TVs , etc. If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to leave them on our social networks.
Want to learn more about iOS 16? Here’s a new video about Apple’s upcoming operating system for the iPhone.